We Are Hiring
Join the Center for Intimate Relationships, LLC, a Boutique Therapy Practice, where we help individuals and couples reach their highest relationship potential.
We seek a highly qualified candidate (LMFT, LCSW, LPC, Ph.D.) to join our team in 2018! Current available position is part-time, includes approximately 15 hours/week (2 evenings and/or Weekends plus daytime hours available) with potential to grow. This is a W2 position, not a 1099 contractor position, and is ideal for someone looking to create a steady stream of income. CV with resume is required.
We might be the right practice for you if you:
- Want to grow your clinical skills with higher functioning clients
- Want to be a valued team member while also exercising autonomy
- Seek an employer that values self-care, integrity and professionalism
- Dream of working in a beautiful space without bureaucracy or red tape
- Long for the perks of private practice without the responsibility of managing one
You are our ideal candidate if you:
- Feel great reward when you help couples sustain connection, love and intimacy
- Practice a can-do, positive, passionate attitude
- Value in-house trainings on cutting edge research, science and interventions
- Embrace technology as a tool to keep couples engaged in their work
- Thrive within a team environment through your contribution, problem-solving and creativity
- Believe wholeheartedly in the mission and the vision of our practice
- Strive to elevate yourself, your clients and the practice at large
Your Clinical requirements must include:
- D. or Masters Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy or Counseling
- Must have full clinical licensure to practice in the state of New Jersey
- Minimum of two years clinical experience working with individuals, couples, groups
- Must have experience in sex therapy or strong desire to learn; must demonstrate comfort in discussing sex and sex related topics
- Must show ability to be compassionate, empathetic and maintain healthy boundaries with clients
- Certification or Specialization in a specific modality such as EMDR, EFT, Gottman, Faith-Based or other is a plus
Your Technical and Administrative Skills must include:
- Computer literate, able to use online records management system
- Comfort meeting clients over the phone, in-person, through email or via teleconference
- Timely maintenance of all client records
- Strong writing skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Must not be contracted with any health insurance provider
- Must provide your own liability insurance
- Applicants may not have their own private practice
This position is ideal for someone who seeks a blend of morning, late afternoon/evening and/or weekend hours. Please note evening hours are required twice per week.
If you are ready to step out of the ordinary and join a growing, innovative team, please submit your cover letter and resume to our email address.
PLEASE NOTE: Cover letter is required or your resume will not be considered
What People Are Saying About Their Experience
With the Center for Intimate Relationships
Thank you so much for your support and guidance and ability to provide calming perspective during the most stressful time in our relationship as a couple. Thank you for being consummately trustworthy and committed to your work. Your ability to create a safe space for listening to our points of view was invaluable. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Not only did Carolynn help us manage the immediate challenges of being new partners and new parents, but she also helped us to develop communication strategies that will serve us for the rest of our marriage. She’s kind, compassionate, and astute and, with her help, we strengthened the foundation that we already knew we had for a long and loving life together.
Not only is Carolynn a great therapist but in getting to know her through my sessions, it was easy for me to see that she is also an exceptional human being. I genuinely enjoy her personality and her healthy perspective:) THANK YOU, Carolynn!
I continue to learn a great deal from Carolynn and have been able to transform my life relying on her guidance. She is a very empathetic, educated, thought-provoking therapist. Every single time that I leave Carolynn’s office, I am so grateful to have the supportive and non-judgmental environment that she provides. I feel as though Carolynn has absolutely given me all of the tools and guidance I need for true healing.
We have our relationship back. We have our intimacy back. We move around in the same space and carve out time to check in with each other. Carolynn has helped us navigate huge life decisions. She has helped us connect enough again that we decided to have another baby. We know that will bring more stress into our lives again, but with Carolynn behind us – we feel stronger than ever. We feel like we can accomplish anything together as a family.
From the moment we met Carolynn, we knew we were in the right hands. We both connected with her on day one. Carolynn’s passion for her work shines through immediately. My wife and I actually started connecting again. We walk out of her office and always embrace. We hold hands until we had to leave each other again. We always know, as difficult as the session may be, that we are making progress.
We are a lesbian couple who have been together for 10 years. We have two beautiful children together. The stress of parenting and the endless sleep deprivation took a toll on our relationship. We never made time for each other. We took each other for granted and we took our stress out on one another. Something had to change. We both dreamt about what we had when we first met. That time as a couple felt so magical but seemed so distant in our past.
Carolynn helped me to heal and helped to restore our relationship and healthy sex life. I am forever grateful to her for that.
When I began seeing Carolynn, my husband and I had not had sex in years but were beginning to talk about starting a family. I had been to other therapists in the past and had felt uncomfortable and even ashamed. Carolynn created an atmosphere of trust while handling my most intimate issues and her genuine level of caring and investment was evident in every conversation.
With Carolynn’s encouragement and thoughtful insights we explored many elements of my marriage as well as individual issues going on with me that I had not even realized were contributing to our lack of intimacy.
When my husband and I were unexpectedly faced with handling the sorrow of a miscarriage, Carolynn’s depth of knowledge and experience became even more evident by her ability to support me through this dark time in my life.
I am grateful I found The Center for Intimate Relationships and Carolynn! Carolynn has supported me navigating a difficult relationship and finding peace when it ended. With Carolynn’s compassion, patience, and simple direction I was able to use the tools I learned in session and apply it in all my relationships -family friends, workplace, intimate relationships, and most importantly the relationship with myself. I came in not knowing what I wanted or who I was, and today I genuinely love myself and have fulfilling relationships…