Are you living in a sexless marriage? Perhaps you’re one of those couples that from the outside everything looks picture-perfect, but you carry a secret that no one knows about. You and your partner don’t touch each other, you don’t get intimate with each other, and you don’t have sex together.
Low sexual desire is the number one reason that couples seek out my services. This is not an uncommon issue for many people in long-term partnerships. In fact, my work with couples helps them navigate the dynamics in their sexless marriage.
How to Navigate Your Sexless Marriage
Your sexless marriage is not always just about sexual desire. It can be a combination of things.
- First, before you can tackle your sex life, you and your partner have to resolve complications in your relationship. I’ve seen sex fall off the map due to other non-sexual relationship problems. In order for you to create a hot sex life, it helps to resolve the relationship problems first. This can be anything from betrayal, to parenting, money, the in-laws, career, stress or other issues.
- Second, resolving your relationship problems doesn’t mean that sex magically starts happening – or that sex will be spontaneous and amazing. You may have to rebuild your sex life. You still have to work at it and that’s okay. Working directly on your sex life can feel fun, freeing and rewarding once you’ve conquered those non-related issues noted in number one.
- Third, after months or years of a sexless marriage, you and/or your partner have probably shut your sexual systems down. This is where we tap into your sexuality as an individual so you can come together as a couple. Because sex and sexuality is really about your life force, your life energy, your vitality. That force starts with you.
How to Raise Your Sexual Energy
Let’s get vulnerable for a second. I want you to think to a time when you’ve had a really charged sexual experience. Can you remember all the sensations associated with this memory? If you hold that memory in your mind, you’ll remember that you radiated energy throughout your entire body. You were fully embodied in this life force, this vitality, that is almost indescribable.
So, how do we raise your sexual energy once it’s gone low? You have to tap into your own sexuality before you can tap into your sex life as a couple. It starts with this question:
What makes you (as an individual) feel most alive?
- Maybe it’s going to the gym to get your body up and moving
- Maybe it’s eating a luxurious meal that reaches all of your senses
- Maybe it’s participating in a risky sport or adventure consistently
- Maybe it’s reading an erotic novel to get sex on the brain
- Maybe it’s wearing certain fabrics that feel sexy on your body
- Maybe it’s touching yourself while showering to activate your arousal
Love and Live Sexy
My team and I have worked with many couples who live in a sexless marriage. You don’t have to keep your sexless marriage a secret anymore. You can do something about it! Remember that – in addition to all the other roles you play in life – you are also a sexual being. I encourage you to use the suggestions above or come up with your own and try them.
If you’re looking for other ways to enhance your sex life, here’s where to start!